Dr. Muhammad Akram Raza
- HEC Approved PhD Supervisor
- HEC Overseas Scholarship for PhD study (2007)
- Total Publications: 25 ( ISI listed Journals publications: 10, Chapters: 2, Conference papers: 13), Total Impact factor: 20.60, Citations: 97
- Poster Presentations: 8 , Poster prizes: 2
- Oral Presentations : 10 ( USA, Netherlands, China, South Korea, Pakistan)
- Invited talks: 2
|Date of Birth:||April 1, 1976|
|Contact No.:||92 308 7069 110, +92 336 4580 003|
|Postal Address:||Center of Excellence in Solid State Physics, University of the Punjab, Quaid-i-Azam Campus, Lahore-54960, Pakistan|
|E-mail:||email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Physics (Experimental), Nanotechnology, Oct 2007- Feb 2012 Physics of Interfaces and Nanomaterials (PIN) group University of Twente, The Netherlands
Project title: Colloidal routes to functional substrates: From selective metallization to superhydrophobicity
Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Ir. Bene Poelsema and Dr. Stefan Kooij
|M.Phil||Physics (Experimental), 2004 Physics Department, University of the Punjab, Lahore
Project title: Irradiation effects on microstructure and tensile behaviors of high purity nickel
Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Khadum Hussain and Prof. Dr. Ijaz Mujtaba Ghauri
|M.Sc||Physics, 2001, University of the Punjab
Special subject: Advanced Electronics
|B.Sc.||1999, University of the Punjab
Majors: Physics, Mathematics
M.Phil. Students Supervised:
- Maryam NadeemNT ( 2014 -16)“Liquid phase synthesis characterization and antibacterial activity of nickel nanoparticles”
- Zobia ArshadNT ( 2014 -16)“Solution based synthesis, characterization and antibacterial properties of gold nanoparticles”
- Anum RaufNT ( 2014 -16)“Liquid Based Synthesis, Characterization and Antibacterial Activity of Silver Nanoparticles”
- Synthesis and characterization of nanoparticles of different shapes and sizes.
- Shape and size dependent antibacterial activity of nanoparticles.
- Highly selective gold nanoparticles patterning on bare and structured surfaces using pure water by substrate immersion technique.
- Selective metallization by seeded growth on patterned gold nanoparticle arrays by electroless deposition technique.
- Self-assembling of mano- and multilayer arrays of different sized silica spheres (130nm, 440nm, 850nm) on silica substrates by spin coating.
- Manufacturing of hierarchical roughness surfaces by adsorbing of gold nanoparticles on top of silica sphere arrays.
- Surface chemistry modification of structured surfaces by functionalizing the gold and silica spheres with thiol-alkanes and fluoroalkylsilanes, respectively by solution based methods to achieve surface superhydrophobicity.
- Study of droplet impact dynamics on surfaces with different surfaces wettability using high speed photography.
- Sample preparation by mechanical polishing and chemical etching techniques to reveal the microstructure of high purity nickel.
- Irradiation of samples by high energy electron beams ranging from 8MeV to 18MeV by linear accelerator for defects introduction into microstructure.
- Study of mechanical properties (tensile behavior, yield stress and ductility) for both unirradiated and irradiated specimens at room temperature by a universal testing machine (UTM).
Member of organizing committee:
- International Conference on Solid State Physics (ICSSP'13),
held during December 02-06, 2013 at Centre of Excellence in Solid State Physics, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
- International Conference on Solid State Physics (ICSSP'15),
held during December 13 - 17, 2015 at Centre of Excellence in Solid State Physics, University of thePunjab, Lahore, Pakistan.