Prof. Dr. Mazhar ud-Din Rana
Contact#: +923336101667,+92-42-35839387(Ext. 103)
|Date of Birth: ||May 12, 1953|
|Marital Status: ||Married |
|National I.D. Card No: ||36302-9501056-1|
|Ph.D., Physics ||Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan, 1998|
|M.S. Electrical Engineering || Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A,1989.|
|M.S. Physics ||Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A,1987.|
|M.Sc. Physics ||University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan,1977.|
|B.Sc. ||University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan,1974|
Total of 37 years of teaching/research experience at graduate/post graduate level.
|2013-to date ||Professor(on contract) ||COE in Solid State Physics, PU,Lahore.|
|2009 - 2013
||Chairman ||Dept. of Telecommunication Systems, B.Z.University, Multan|
|2007- 2013 ||Professor ||Department of Physics, B.Z. University, Multan. |
|2005-2007 ||Associate Professor ||Department of Physics, B.Z. University, Multan. |
|2003-2005 ||Professor/Chairman ||Department of Physics, Allama Iqbal Open University
|2000-2003 ||Associate Professor ||Dept of Physics, B.Z. University, Multan. |
|1994- to June 2000 || Assistant Professor ||Department of Materials Science,
B.Z. University, Multan.|
|2000-2001 ||Part time tutor ||taught Electromagnetic theory and Nuclear Physics to
M.Sc students at AIOU Multan campus. |
|1989-1994 ||Lecturer in Physics ||B.Z. University, Multan, taught
M.Sc / M.Phil. classes.|
|1988-1989 ||Part time Instructor ||taught Physics to undergraduate students at
Wayne County Community College, Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.|
|1987-1989 ||Teaching Assistant ||in the Department of Electrical Engineering,
Wayne State University, U.S.A.|
|1983-1987 ||Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant ||in the Department of Physics,Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.|
|1978-1983 ||Lecturer in Physics ||B.Z. University, Multan, Pakistan, taught M.Sc classes.|
- Eighteen and half years experimental work in low temperature magnetism.
- Experience in cryogenics, vacuum technology, low temperature thermometry and measurements in magnetic fields.
- Two years experience in designing fiber optic based digital networks for optical
Communication, Optical computing and Digital Signal Processing.
- Fabrication, cation distribution and Magnetic properties of Spinel Ferrites.
GRADUATE LEVEL (M.Sc/M.Phil)
- Solid Sate Physics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Advanced Electronics
- Classical Mechanics
- Nuclear Physics
- Method of Mathematical Physics
- Electrical Magnetic and Optical Properties of Materials
- Computer Architecture
- Opto-Electronics, Lasers
- Experimental Techniques
- Classical Electrodynamics
- Industrial Electronics
- Advanced Vacuum Technology
- Optical Fiber Communication
UNDERGRADUATE LEVEL (B.Sc/B.S)
- General Physics
- Basic Electronics
- Solid State Electronics
- Circuit theory
- Quantum Mechanics
- Digital Computer Electronics
- Computer Architecture
- Artificial Intelligence
- Laser and optical communication
- Digital Logic and Design
- Digital Electronics
- Artificial Intellegence
|Ph.D ||Synthesis and characterization of hexagonal ferrites for high frequency ap (2013)|
|PhD ||Influence of rare earth elements on synthesis and characterization of hexagonal ferrites for high frequency applications (2014)|
|PhD ||Fabrication, characterization and microwave absorption studies of hexagonal ferrites (2015)|
|M.Phil ||Thesis on Structural and magnetic properties of Sr-substituted Y-type hexagonal ferrites (2012).|
|M.Phil ||Thesis on Effect of sintering temperature on the structural and magnetic properties of sol-gel synthesized Y-type hexagonal ferrites (2012).|
|M.Phil ||Thesis on influence of Mg+2 substitution on physics, magnetic and electrical properties of Y-type hexagonal ferrites (2011).|
|M.Phil ||Thesis on influence of Nd+3 substitution on physics, magnetic and electrical properties of Y-type hexagonal ferrites (2011).|
|M.Phil ||Thesis on characterization of Sr-based W-type hexagonal ferrites prepared by sol-gel method (2009).|
|M.Phil ||Thesis on characterization of rare earth ions substituted W-type hexagonal ferrites prepared by sol-gel method (2009).|
|M.Phil ||Thesis on synthesis and characterization on La-substituted Hexa-ferrites (2008) |
|M.Phil ||Thesis on Structutal and Magnetic Properties Co-Mg Hexa-ferrites (2007).|
|M.Phil ||Thesis on Characterization and Magnetic Properties of Cd-Sr Hexa-ferrites (2007)|
|M.Phil ||Thesis on Magnetic Susceptibility Measurements of Mn-Zn ferrites.|
|M.Sc ||Thesis on Calculation of Radial Distribution Function of amorphous
metallic alloys (Co-B, CuTi, NiTa systems).|
|M.Sc ||Thesis on Frequency Dependent Magnetic Susceptibility Measurements of
|M.Sc ||Thesis on Magnetic Interaction in Li-Co ferrites.|
|M.Sc ||Thesis on the fabrication and electrical properties of Hexa-ferrites prepared by co-precipitation technique.|
|M.Sc ||Thesis on the fabrication and Magnetic properties of Hexa-ferrites
prepared by solid state reaction technique.|
|M.Sc ||Thesis on the fabrication and Thermopower measurements of W-type BaxCo2-x ZnxFe16O27 ferrite prepared by co- precipitation technique. |
|M.Sc ||Thesis on the Electrical resistivity measurements of W-type BaxSr1-xCd2Fe16O27 Hexa-ferrite.|
1. Characetrization and Magnetic Properties of Hexagonal Ferrites
Agency: Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan.
2. Fabrication Characterization and Microwave Absorption study in nanostructure Magnetic Materials and their Applications.
ACADEMIC HONOURS/COURSES ATTENDED
- Recipient of RPA 2012 by Pakistan Council for Science and Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Recipient of XI th Star Awards 2000 by South Asia Publication.
- Appointed as a Referee by The Journal of Materials Science (JMS), USA.
- Appointed as a Referee by The Journal of Solid State Chemistry (JSCC), USA.
- Appointed as a Referee for The Materials Letters, Published by Elsevier, UK
- Approved supervisor for Ph. D level research by HEC.
- Approved supervisor for Ph. D level research by PCST.
- Recipient of research productivity allowance (2003-2004) from PCST.
- Enlisted as productive scientists of Pakistan published by PCST
- Frontiers in Physics organized by Pakistan Physical Society (PPS) held at Islamabad, Pakistan, 1995.
- Baragali School on Electronics at Baragali, Pakistan, 1993.
- SPIE International Conference on Optical Computing held at Los Angles,
California, USA, 1989.
- Awarded a C.O.T. scholarship by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of Pakistan
for higher studies 1982.
- First International conference on Solid State Nuclear Track Detectors (SSNTD)
held at Islamabad, Pakistan 1979.
- Awarded scholarship by the Govt. of Punjab, for M.Sc. studies at University of
The Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan, 1975-77.
- Member Senate,B.Z.University, Multan (2006-2013)
- President, Zakariyan Alumini Association of Physicist, B.Z.U, Multan(2008-2010)
- Member Acadamic Council , Bahauddin Zakariya University , Multan. (2007-1013).
- Member board of studies in Aviation Sciences, B.Z. University, Multan (2009-2013)
- Member board of Studies in Physics, B.Z. University, Multan (2005- 2013)
- Life member Pakistan Institute of Physics (PIP).
- Member Senate Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan. (1991-1993).
- Life member, Zakarian Alumni Association of Physicist (ZAAP),B.Z.University, Multan.
- Member International society of Optical Engineers (SPIE) USA (1987-1989).
- Member Board of Studies in Materials Science, B.Z.U., Multan (1995-2003 ).
- Member Board of Faculties, B.Z.U., Multan (1996-2003 )
- Member Executive Council, Academic Staff Association, B.Z.U., Multan (1997-98)
- Member DTRC,CoE in solid state Physics, PU, Lahore
- Member selection/promotion committee, CoE in Solid State Physics, PU, Lahore
ACADEMIC/ ADMISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Chairman, Dept. of Telecommunication Systems, B.Z. University, Multan (2009- 2013)
- Director Students Affairs, Dept of Physics, B.Z.University, Multan.(2007-2011)
- Member Academic Council, Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan (2006-2013)
- Chairman, Department of Physics, Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad.(2003-2005)
- Member, Academic Council, AIOU, Islamabad. (2003- 2005).
- Member, Board of Advanced Studies and Research (BASR), AIOU,Islamabad(2003-2005).
- Chairman/ convener , Foreign Purchase Equipment Committee, AIOU, Islamabad(2003--2005).
- Member, Enquiry Committee (Removal from Services Ordinance, grade 1-19), AIOU. (2003- 2005).
- Program Coordinator Ph. D, AIOU, Islamabad. (2003- 2005).
- Chairman, Department of Materials Science, B.Z. University, Multan (2002-2003).
- Professor L. E. Wenger
Dean, School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, University of Alabama
Birmingham, AL, USA.
- Prof. Dr. Tahir Abbas
Dean of Sciences, B.N. University, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Prof. Dr. Shehzad Naseem
Director, COE in Solid State Physics, Punjab University, Lahore, Pakistan.